By Crown Services, 8/23/2019
While there are a few commonly used resume styles, your resume should reflect your unique education, experience and relevant skills.
1. Make sure your contact information is current.
2. Be sure your e-mail address is professional. It represents who you are.
3. Use a 10-12 point font size.
4. Use a readable font. We recommend Arial, Verdana or Helvetica.
5. Proof read your resume and use spell check. This is key.
6. Strategically use bold, caps and italics.
7. Use simple headings for sections: Summary, Experience, Educations, Skills.
8. List your current job and education first. (Reverse chronological order)
9. List jobs in the past 10-15 years.
10. Do not put on resume “References Available Upon Request”
1. Look for keywords in the job postings
2. Use active language
3. Call attention to important achievements