Companies are increasingly using phone interviews at the early stages of screening candidates, before inviting them for in-person interviews. This is a way to efficiently screen through a large number of applicants. These interviews are typically given by recruiters.
The recruiter has three main goals for a phone screen:
1. Hiring managers have a limited amount of time, and a recruiter’s first filter is to make sure they are passing along candidates that are truly interested in the role. We are in the era where recruiters reach out to candidates more often than the other way around, and often prospective candidates will take a phone screen just to get interview practice and see what the market is willing to pay. As such, recruiters use the phone interview to ensure you have a genuine interest in the company and the role.
2. A recruiter will want to make sure you have general experience in the skill requirements of the job.
3. Interviewer will verify wage and benefit expectations.
Phone interview tips:
1. Be sure to listen and avoid interrupting.
2. Take the interview call in a room that is void of background noise and distractions.
3. Send a follow up Thank you e-mail.
#JobSearch #JobOpening #Jobs #PhoneInterview #Interview