Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day now includes events in more than 193 countries.
Does your company have sustainability initiatives? Earth Day is the perfect time for companies to stop and consider how they can become more environmentally friendly.
- Does your office recycle? Make it easy for staff to recycle by placing recycling bins in convenient places.
- Does your office have filtered water to reduce use of plastic bottles?
- Do you receive shipments? If so, consider how you can reuse boxes and filler.
- How about hosting a monthly cleanup day where staff gathers trash around the outside of the building? This is awesome a great team building experience.
- Plant a tree outside the office building
- Add plants or grow plants inside your office
- What about carpooling? Encourage staff to carpool at least one day a week.
- Does your office have bike racks outside the building to encourage workers to bike to work?
- Does your office receive magazines and newspapers? Instead of receiving multiple copies, share them among staff and then donate to a local library or recycle.
- Partner with a local school to see what recycled materials they need for art class and ask staff to collect them.
To save trees and reduce usage of paper, we at Crown Services are moving more processes to digital. Be a part of building the world’s largest environmental movement by helping companies adopt environmental sustainability initiatives and incorporate some in your home. Happy Earth Day!